Travel safely with us
We are delighted to be able to welcome you aboard the Glacier Express again. We will do our utmost to ensure the safest possible travel for you on board our trains. Unfortunately, this entails a number of restrictions in terms of what we can offer. It also involves your cooperation. Our Railservice is available round the clock to answer any questions you may have.
Safety concept / hygiene measures
The Glacier Express is following the guidelines set out in the public transport safety concept and the measures outlined for tourist traffic and gastronomy. Certain measures are also being implemented and supplemented by the Glacier Express. However, the safety concept also relies on passengers taking responsibility and showing solidarity.
We ask those who have felt unwell over the last 14 days, or those who currently have a temperature or cough or are experiencing other cold- or flu-like symptoms, to avoid planning any trips. Please contact us if you have already booked a trip.
For the latest safety information and travel regulations, we also advise you to consult the websites of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), the regulations given by your home country and/or the WHO.
The following measures apply to all travellers:
- Heed the hygiene rules set out by the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
- There is a duty to wear a mask in public transport and hygiene masks must therefore be worn whenever possible (the obligation to wear does not apply during consumption).
- Keep your distance (2 m) at the station when boarding or disembarking
- Use the sanitisation points at train stations. Sanitiser is available on board the train on request
- We urge you to remain in your allocated seat and only move around within your car
- Regular cleaning will take place and cleaning requirements have been increased
- The protective measures in Switzerland include active contact tracing, which we implement in the Glacier Express and for which we record your data. The data will not be used for any other purpose and will be deleted after 14 days
Restrictions on offers
For the sake of your health, we have had to restrict some of our offers:
- Reduced catering (prior dining reservations recommended)
- The service car is reserved exclusively for train and catering staff, and the bar is closed
- If left behind, printed materials (on-board brochure/magazine) will be collected after each passenger
- Only a limited number of souvenirs will be on sale (all souvenirs are also available online)
- Due to the ongoing restrictions, we are unfortunately unable to offer our Excellence Class until 09th June 2021
- All passengers must carry their own luggage on board